I’m so excited to share Mimi’s Cinnamon Swirl Loaf recipe with you! When I shared this on IG, it was my most saved post EVER.
This is the loaf my mom used to make every Christmas and the one we always have around the holidays, especially on Christmas morning while opening up gifts. It’s really the recipe that defines Christmas for me… and Christmas baking is one of my fave things to do. If there is ONE recipe I’d have to say defines our Christmas, it would be my Mom’s Cinnamon Swirl Loaf! 🎄 I bake this loaf for several people on my gift list – it’s the perfect thing to make someone you care about. Nothing is better than making something with love and even better because this recipe holds so many sentimental memories for us. ❤️🎁🎅🏼
MIMI’S CINNAMON SWIRL LOAF
(makes one large loaf)
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup butter
1 cup white sugar
2 large eggs
1 tsp real vanilla
1 3/4 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 tsp cinnamon
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line loaf pan with parchment paper or grease well
* Mix brown sugar and cinnamon in small bowl
* Mix sour cream and baking soda in a bowl, set aside
* In large mixing bowl, blend softened butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until fluffy
* In separate bowl, mix flour and baking powder. Alternate with sour cream mixture into your butter mixture ensuring you don’t over mix
* Layer batter into your loaf pan: one layer batter, sprinkle liberally with cinnamon sugar, swirl with a knife, add second layer of batter and sprinkle top with cinnamon sugar, swirl with knife
* Bake for about 45 min, checking with a knife for doneness. If it’s not done, continue baking watching closely and checking often. DO NOT OVER BAKE!
This recipe doubles and freezes beautifully! Enjoy – I can’t wait to see you make this recipe.