Lola is almost a year old, and it’s about time I create a more exhaustive list of our essentials… especially now that we’re settled in to this parenting thing a little more!
People will tell you that you don’t need a lot when you have a baby. You don’t NEED a lot, that’s right, but damn, it sure is nice to have things that make the logistics of parenting a tiny bit easier and these become baby essentials. I did a LOT of trial and error with Lola – finding the perfect items in their category can get expensive.
You might notice that there are no picks for mom or postpartum. That’s something I found a bit crazy about the buying process – a lot of us buy ALL the things for a vaginal birth and breastfeeding, but some of us (dare I say, quite a few of us), have a c-section and don’t breastfeed (it me!). I spent so much money on all the things for that, and didn’t use them… including a pricy breastpump that I only used for 6 weeks. I recommend renting a pump if you can and having hubs get you stuff you need from the drugstore or doing a quick Amazon prime delivery when you need to. Could save you a lot of money, lemme tell ya.
So, parents, I hope this helps you out. If you’re reading this, you got this!
P.S: check out my first baby stuff guide, here.
- Dr. Brown’s Baby Bottles
- BabyBrezza Formula Pro Advanced Baby Formula Dispenser (Lola is a formula baby and this is worth the splurge!)
- Ikea Antilop High Chair (so basic but we fancied it up with the items below, and it makes it a lot cuter)
- Northern Baby Goods Oat Placemat
- Northern Baby Goods Pre-cut Maple Leg Wraps
- Happy Baby Happy Set Bundle (makes mealtime more fun!)
- Holle Organic Infant Formula (ride or die, if you can swing it, go with Holle)
- Owlet Smart Sock (this is the number one must for new parents – when they are newborns, you’re so worried that you get no sleep… this monitors them so you can sleep!)
- Nanit Pro Complete Monitoring System
- Copper Pearl Swaddle Blankets (the fabric makes them the BEST for daytime nap swaddling)
- All Natural Organic Moses Basket (essential for rocking with the stand)
- Rocking Moses Basket Stand Natural
- Nook Sleep Organic Pure Crib Mattress (splurge, but I love that it’s organic)
- Ikea Sniglar Crib
- Yogasleep Rohm Portable White Noise Machine (we carried this everywhere at the beginning to sooth her
- Kyte Sleep Sack
- Old Navy Unisex Bodysuit 3-Pack for Baby (love Old Navy basics, especially for socks and onesies)
- BIBs Blush Pacifier (her fave and IMO, the GOAT)
- Hello Bello Diapers (Lola has never had a blow out, can you believe it?! I’ve compared these to Honest, and they are way softer and more absorbent. We use the nighttime version for nights)
- SwaddleMe Original Swaddles (these are life giving for night time sleep – the fasteners kept her snug and are perfectly sleep safe)
- Skip Hop Playspot Geo Foam Floor Tiles (Lola owns all corners of our home now, and we use this in the corner of our living room with the play gate and it’s soft and cute)
- Skip Hop Silver Lining Cloud Activity Center and Exerciser (Lola loves this thing and it’s afforded me many hours of GSD)
- Evenflo Versatile Play Space in Cream (I like that this creates a safe space for her, and it’s cream, so doesn’t interrupt our decor too much)
- Mushie Stacking Cups Toy (she loves playing with these and will for prob years to come)
- Babybjörn Bouncer Bundle with Toy (babies need somewhere to hang out and this gets them moving around the house with you while staying contained)
- Nuna SENA Playard (oh, let me count the ways. This is the best and we use it at the in-laws for playing, sleeping, we take it with us on trips for sleeping… and it packs up and down so easily)
- Earth Mama Organics Simply Non-Scents Castile Baby Wash (I did a ton of research trying to find something unscented and truly natural – spoiler, many brands greenwash – this is IT)
- Earth Mama Organics Simply Non-Scents Baby Lotion
- WaterWipes Original Baby Wipes (just water, no chemicals)
- Ubbi Diaper Pail (this is a good pail and when closed, doesn’t smell at all)
- Keekaroo Peanut Changer (comfy, soft and looks cool)
- Angelcare Bath Support (3-9 months, this is what we used)
- bbluv Trimo Electric Nail Trimmer for Baby (can’t go without this one – clipping nails is HIGHLY stressful and I gift this to new parents for good reason)
- Nuna PIPA Lite Car Seat